Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why I skip my Reunion Gathering

After so many years of leaving school we still held school reunion during either Chinese New Year or any part of the year when many of those now residing outstation coming back to town.

Depend on my mood on that particular time I may sometimes will not attend them. In fact I have skip many years of my school friends gatherings especially those years when I was young. The reasons I skip are because I feel very uncomfortable and sad to give a lousy update of my self in all aspects, that is career achievement, marital status, relationship status, which countries to go to for holidays. All focus on name and fame and financial standing. Because I fail all those and very embarrassed. I also have family problems in my younger days. Thus I do not attend many reunion with them.

Now as I am old I think they emphasize less on these name and fame matter. Now at my age, the topics they discuss are cholesterol level, sugar level, weight problem, or rearing pets for companionship. I start to meet up again lately.

Still today I skip one reunion mainly because I m not in the mood. Don't like to tell them that I change job again. All the hoo-ha as if there must be something wrong with me. I already not happy inside and I do want any additional pressure. Different if they are my colleagues who already knew this matter. In addition I was also very lazy and tired after the lost key in the office. Although the case has been solved and settled, my whole body energy already drained and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment