Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bought Myself A Gift

Choosing a gift for myself between a new 3G phone and a gold bracelet. Both are almost of the same price range. It was an ad hoc purchase meaning , I did not plan earlier. My bracelet broke and fell down last few days, and therefore I went to have it mend. While at the shop I was attracted to another bracelet of different design. I do not want to exchange my old bracelet with the new bracelet because they will minus 25% of the market value of the existing bracelet. In the shop I was having some thinking whether if I want to allocate my money for a new 3G handphone or this another new bracelet.

The advantages of new 3G hand phone is that it is the current trend of owning the latest gadget. It is good to keep up with one's peers.

The advantages of buying gold jewellery is that the price of gold never depreciate with time.

I was thinking who the hell wants to MMS me any pictures if I were to have a new 3G phone. Nobody is going to call me up to say "Hello, here is me ............., do u like what you see" or anything like that.

After a few minutes I decided with another new bracelet. The shop seller too was a good salesman. He said, "Buying gold is good because you can still see the physical form even after many years later, it won devalue and is lasting"

No comments:

Post a Comment