Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Old Historical Love


I was 16 and he was 20. We used to write and exchange letters regularly. He was my pen friend then. In those days there were no internet. From then on, immediately after coming back from school I will quickly checked my letter box daily. I am not sure if it were friendship, love or infatuation I felt at that time. But I knew each letters from him not only will make me smile the whole day. It makes feel feel so energetic. Four years pass by, and one day he decided to pay me a visit.

Though full of enthusiasm to meet my dream love in person, having not enough confidence, too deep in love as I knew I will not be able to accept any rejection should he dislike how I look like, how I talk, how my manners are, I decline to meet him in person. Since then I have never heard from him. 5 years, 10 years 15 years , etc I haven't forgotten him completely.

Lately during spring cleaning I have thrown all his letters sent to me yet the memory still remains.

There were times I wish to see and meet him again, and if chances permit, to kiss and give him a deep passionate hug.

Oh no, what if he has grown so fat and ugly and with his wife and children around. Then I would have waken up to my rational consciousness. Oh no, cannot be. Well, those were the days. It shouldn't be remembered or even recalled. Whatever is over is best left as it be.

P.S. This is not my real story. Inspired to be a fiction writer. I will be writing more of such stories related to the heart in time to come.

1 comment:

  1. great story! continue the great work. hoping to see a lot of it

    ReplyDelete