1. Smiling makes you attractive
We are drawn to people who smile
2. Smiling changes your mood
3. Smiling is contagious
4. Smiling relieves stress
5. Smiling boosts the immune system
6. Smiling lowers your blood pressure
7. Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers and serotonin
8. Smiling makes one looks younger
9. Smiling makes one seems successful
Smiling people appear more confident, are more likely to be promoted and more likely to be approached.
10. Smiling helps one to stay positive
Excerpt from a magazine from India.
Well, before that I always thought smiling is the manifestation/ by product that one is happy or contend unless those cunning smile. Now it is the reverse; one has to smile to feel better; upside down theory.