Thursday, December 18, 2008

HAPPINESS - MY VERSION

Everything that happened was good, the present is also good and the future will be even better.

Possibly some have read about the story of a king who had a very optimistic minister. One day the king's little finger was cut off. The minister said "don worry whatever has happen has some advantage in it". The king got extremely annoyed and kept the minister behind the bars. Yet the minister said, "whatever has happened is for the best". After some days the king went hunting in the jungle. He was caught by the tribes in the jungle. They wanted to sacrifice him on the goddess. Upon checking his physical body, they notice that his fingers are not complete as it has been amputate one. So they disqualify him. The king was so happy that there is always some advantages in every events of life. The king went back to the palace and relate this story to his minister. On hearing the story, the minister replied, "because you put me in the prison , I am safe otherwise I would have accompanied you and become a complete human being the tribe would have sacrificed me on the goddess".

Long ago I used to think that happiness can be achieved through 3 criterias :
1. Financially strong and sound.
2. Physically healthy
3. Happily married.

Since I do not possess any three of them, I said to myself, "What the hell, then I have no chance to feel happy at all, no chance, no chance at all in this life time"

Then one day I come across a small advertisement in the local daily . Free talk on the topic of happiness.
Quickly I made an effort to go and listen with open heart.
The speakers are so good, so influencing , whatever they said touched my heart. After hearing from them I had even sold off all my motivational books. I won go in details or bit around the bush. The salient points are:- :Happiness are from within. Happiness is already our birth right. It is incorrect to seek happiness outside either form material possession or from any bodily being. Fashionable gadgets keep changing. Affection from bodily being also can fluctuate. Happiness is also not dependable on circumstances, We should have inner strength over circumstance and not the other way around. We should be able to achieve enough strength to control over our senses - 5 organs. namely lust, anger, attachment, ego and greed. Haha - sound too difficult er . Forget the past. Give others happiness , keep smiling and bla bla bla..
Recently my colleagues commented than I am much happier person now from my face. Secret can be hidden. but happiness really cannot be hide. I sincerely hope I am able to sustain it. The secret is taking the "inner strength" from the cosmic energy. Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment