Friday, July 24, 2009

"I warn you so,............."

"What the heck, you are pregnant?, I told you not to sleep around before marriage, didn't I?" my mum scolded me. I began to sob. I told my parent I didn't expect it to turned out this way, we love each other very much.

"I told you so many times, never, never involve in sex prior getting married. Why are you so disobedient? Why er? Why?" my mum keep nagging and scolding.

Peter was killed in a car accident. It was not a rainy day. Yet his car was involved in a collision with a lorry and he was killed. Poor Peter, he died at a young age of 28. We had discussed about marriage. He was my ideal man. Nobody else can replace Peter in my heart.

"Now I don't care how you feel, tomorrow early in the morning you better go for an abortion. What is the point of carrying a dead man's baby. The fucking idiot in your stomach will not be able to get his or her birth certificate registered." That were my parents words more than ten years ago. I cried uncontrollably several days. I was three months pregnant then. I was in a big dilemma. However, the next few days, with a heavy heart I had an abortion. Nobody comforted me, not even my siblings, relatives or friends. In fact all of them told me that I deserve to undergo this torment. Years passed by and the whole story was never mentioned again.

If I had stronger will power to keep the baby, he or she will be 15 years old by now. Those were the days. Looking back things have changed so much now. People accepted so well sleeping around prior marriage and without marriage like nobody's business nowadays.

P.S. Inspired by the news I read in the paper. The conversation and the event never took place actually. Just a work of fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment