Sunday, July 12, 2009

On the bed or on the wood flooring?


Where do you prefer to sleep, on the bed or on the floor with a carpet or thin mattress on the wood flooring.? After testing for a few months I will be sleeping on the wood flooring. This is because I have backache. By lying down my back straight on a hard surface this works like an auto massage. I even discard pillow which suppose to support my head. Head, back where the hunch back is, bum all straight on the floor. It is a wonderful feeling. My backache has minimised. The body feels good. Wish I had started to sleep on the wood floor earlier. Another side benefits of sleeping on the floor is that it is always cooling in harsh hot weather. I do not need fan or aircon with wood flooring.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I do too, sleep on a thin mattress on the floor, Japanese style. It is slightly better than my stay in a monastery once where I slept on a tatami mat. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Damien,
    Very few people know how to appreciate sleeping on the floor now. They thought it is meant for the poor who can't afford to buy bed. What a shallow thinking. ^_^

    ReplyDelete