Sunday, May 10, 2009

Simple Meatless Lunch


As shown in the pictures I slice all the vege, garlic, shallot, ginger, chye sim fresh mushroom, leek and celery. Dice carrot and taupok. Saute the onions, garlic and ginger, add beansprouts, followed by the rest. Mix and fry well. Pour in rice and stir well. Put soya sauce salt and sugar to taste. This is my easy and nutritious fried rice. Serve with sambal belacan. The taste never lose out to hawkers food and it is more hygienic. More balance in terms of the ratio of vege to rice compared to hawkers' fried rice where they give you rice with little or hardly enough vege. Cheaper too.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Eagle, u seem to be a good cook especially vegetarian dishes. It's looks simple n delicious. Pls continue being so as this is very important for saving earth from global warming n climate change.
    The Lily's Wai Seng Hong website has numerous of vegetarian recipe n it's quite interesting to read though it's not completely vegetarian.
    Do u have any idea on how to do chiffon cake without eggs n milk. I used to like pandan chiffon cake but i couldn't as it have eggs. I'm trying to be a vegan.
    Are u a complete vegetarian? I hope u are n will be in the future if u haven't a veg yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stella,
    No, I am not a vegan. I love seafood too much to be a vegan sadly, though I have reduce its intake tremendously.

    ReplyDelete