Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vegetarian Mee Suah Soup





Ingredients:
2 tsp of cooking oil,
3 cloves of garlic,
3 cm of ginger
6 cm of carrot
1 no. of chilly
4 or 5 sprig chinese parsely
1 comb of mee suah
3 florets of abalone mushroom
small number of enoki mushroom
2 leaves of chye sim
small piece of cabbage
A few drops of soya sauce
Salt and sugar to taste
Boil the mee suah separately in a pot. Take out from pot and put aside in a bowl. Slice thinly the ginger and chop the garlic. Cut the chye sim and carrot. Saute sliced ginger and chopped garlic till fragrance. Pour in 1 cup water. Let the water boil, then put in chye sim , mushrooms and carrot slice. Scoop out the soup into the boil. Garnish with chinese parsely and serve with red chillies.

This is my breakfast for today. I have the time to cook if I wake up early as today. Ten years ago if I were given mee suah I said "Urgh" ...... Today is different I love my mee suah soup. All noodles soup will be tasty if one put in at least 5 different types of vege in the soup. This is to make up the lack of prawns or any seafood inside. Without the minimum of 5 different types of any vege inside the vegetarian soup it will never give enough sweetness thus taste bland and flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment