Monday, October 18, 2010

What does writing meant to me.

When i was young, being a writer has come across my mind. Not that I have the passion to write, neither do i have the flair in writing, wide vocabulary or anything encouraging. I simply have great interest in reading especially those that have some elements of feelings. eg. those story books like memoirs or collection from childhood to adult to old age - biographies, novels or any love magazines. I just plainly admire the writer's creation/stories, nothing else more.

Those days when i was very young, instead of going to the library to have revision for my studies, i subconsciously pick up novels or sometimes magazine until totally absorb in it. So in the end no revision was done. Anyway those were the days. Good old days.

Writing essay in school was my worst subject which i dread so much. Believe or not I do not know how to create stories being a straight person, I learnt to memorize a few essay samples from sample books and copy bits and pieces here and there for my essay test when i was schooling. So you know how a poor creative person i was then. This round I should try to be the exact opposite. Turn the yellow to green, white to black, red to blue and so forth. Make it like fish also can fly. "Go to fly kite, you are telling nonsense now" i can hear this from afar.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand your predicament. I hate reading - surprise! - but I think I like to write. I've written poems, short articles in the papers, letters of complaint, but I've never dwelled into writing in other genres. Tried story-writing once, but it never took off. My dream is to write a book - just one book.

    And no... people who tell you to fly a kite have not seen a kite fly. Just let your imagination flow, let an elephant be green and a rose be blue for these are all expressions of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kev, I know you are sure able to write a book if you really want. I had read all your 3 blogs.

    ReplyDelete